Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Heartbeet

I tend to take things way too seriously, though the argument has been made (by myself) that I don't take things seriously enough. For me cooking is very emotional, and I tend to put my heart on the plate. So when things don't go my way, or smoothly, or they don't fit into the beautifully wrapped package I've created in my head, I become terribly disappointed. Mostly in myself, because I could have done it smarter, better, more thoroughly. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes and give myself a break for being human and overtired and forgetful. It's hard, but I'll keep trying.
I'm enjoying a rare day off, trying to get some things sorted out. Hopefully I'll be able to go back in to battle with some sort of plan, but I'm easily overwhelmed so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think I'll start with coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment